Just as when we know a person the most important thing is the first impression that is causing us, with a house happens the same. If we want to sell our house fast it is essential that potential buyers when they see our ad or visit it, they fall in love at first sight. The appearance of the house will in many cases be more important than other details, as it will help us make a faster decision motivated by emotions and not so much for reasons.
At present, it is very fashionable what has been called:”Home staging”. It is a technique of the real estate market that consists of making some changes in the house to make it more attractive for sale. The changes that can be made quickly and that will help us in the sale are:
- Conditioning the living space, highlighting the strengths and can be more attractive.
- When someone visits our house to buy it we have to keep in mind that they do not want to see what our home is like, but to feel if that space could become theirs. They will see the potential of the house to make it a special place and to your liking. That is why it is important to remove personal things like photos and pictures, and leave a more neutral decoration that can appeal to everyone. Also if it is a minimalist decoration, visitors will be able to focus on the characteristics and the state of the house.
- It would be important to make the visit in a schedule where we have natural light, if not, we must have good lighting. One trick is to buy a light bulb that provides natural light and place the lamps in a way that enhances an illumination that transmits comfort.
- To make a quick purchase decision, order is necessary. If we remove some useless objects, and the rest of things ordered, it will give a feeling of greater amplitude.
- It is important to carry out a thorough cleaning, especially of kitchen and bathrooms. We can also place an air freshener or flowers that will help us to always smell the house very well. Home cleaning
- If we want to sell as soon as possible, sometimes it is necessary to invest a small amount of money in fixing small damages, so that the house is more attractive and sold before.
- It is essential that during the visit have a feeling of comfort, we talked about placing an air freshener for the smell, but equally important is to have a pleasant temperature, and the absence of noise or other external discomfort.
- This will depend a lot on whether the home we sell is our home currently or is an unused home. For example, if we inherit a house and this is old, the furniture will probably be in poor condition or outdated. Therefore, it would be advisable to dislodge it or equip it with some new furniture. If it is a single family we will also have to take care of the state of the garden or the garage.
- It is a reality that smaller or medium-sized houses are now more easily sold. So one possibility to earn more money and sell your home faster is to carry out a segregation or housing division project. In this way if you have a house with many square meters you could split it into two and sell them separately.